The purpose of the new guidelines is to reduce the potential for infection, in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Israel. In addition to the strict adherence to personal hygiene, care must be taken to avoid large gatherings and crowds.
- All people with a temperature of 38 Celsius or more and respiratory symptoms(cough or shortness of breath) must stay home for two days after the fever has dropped, regardless of the need for a coronavirus test.
- Avoid gatherings of people in one space. If gatherings are held – they should be as limited as possible, andno more than 100 people.
- Due to the complexity of this guideline, exceptions will be established with the goal to ensure routine.
* Private events such as weddings, bar mitzvahs, and other events – up to 100 people.
- The Ministry of Health will hold discussions with Council on Higher Education regarding opening of the new semester through remote learning and not classroom learning.
- The educational institutions (excluding academic institutions) and workplaces can continue to act in accordance with the relevant guidelines of The Ministry of Health and other relevant ministries.
- Health staff responsible for treating patients – may gather only for work purposes, and in groups not over 15 people.
- Sports events will be held without spectators. To the extent that players or judges from abroad participate, they must follow the particular instructions of the Ministry of Health for sports.
- Responsibilities of stores, malls and shopping centers –to ensure no crowding and regulate occupancy, at any given moment, to avoid crowding and take care to maintain a reasonable distance between people.
- As part of preparing for the next steps, employers should prepare and increase as much as possible capacity and arrangements for remote work of employees
For more information see the Ministry of Health Website here