We are looking for a developer to work in a small team to cover many aspects of automation and application development in a complex distributed Fintech (Financial Technology) environment. We work mostly on automating the monitoring, alerting and deployment of backend services that include applications built in Java, C++, Python, Ruby and JS. Our team also builds tools and dashboard UI applications to give visibility and enable other teams to manipulate our data and operational metrics.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the needs of the Production Support Team
- Engage in a continuous effort to improve the FXCM infrastructure. Improving monitoring, logging and automation
- Communicate and collaborate with the team and members of other departments
- Follow SRE and CICD principals.
- Must be eligible to work in Israel
- English at a professional level (written and verbal)
- Independent: Must have the ability to succeed alone while developing automation solutions, prioritizing and reorganize projects as required.
- Collaborative: Persistent and personable in gathering needed requirements and feedback from stakeholders for automated solutions, scheduling meetings, and demonstrating progress or products.
- Detail-Oriented: Exceptional process documentation, adheres to best practices in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and continuously improves on current and past projects.
- Organized: Able to keep any scripts, workflows, and systems organized in a way that other developers can quickly and fluidly understand.
- Linux: General familiarity with the Linux operating system, including installation and administration tasks.
- Programming: Must be advanced in at least one programming language. (c/c++, java, python)
- Capable of designing and automating tests
- Strong Linux skills
- Shell scripting
- Hands on Oracle or KDB experience
- Strong Puppet skills
- SDLC using Jira, Wiki and Confluence
- Proficient in Git
- CICD experience using Jenkins
- SQL: Competence in some SQL is required. We interact with many different platforms, including Oracle, KDB, Postrgres, MariaDB and MySQL.
- Web development: Must be familiar with some modern web development framework.
Office Location: Har Hotzvim, Jerusalem (Work from home an option.)
Hours: Full time, 42.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; Friday, 8am-2:30pm (summer) / 7am-1:30pm (winter). (PLUS 20 vacation days a year and holidays)
Prior to submitting your resume, the firm requests that you do the following:
Equal Opportunity Employer