Active Directory Security Engineer
- 5+ years of hands-on AD infrastructure security review and maintenance
- Familiarity with industry standards such as CIS benchmarks and Microsoft recommended best practices
- Understand negative operational impact of security practices
- Able to demonstrate how some security vulnerabilities can be exploited – for example, perform a live demo showing how privilege escalation might work, and explain how to mitigate against the issue that allowed it.
- Familiarity with Splunk as a log aggregation platform – recommended but not required
- Perform AD – 2012/2016 forest - security hardening tasks based on industry best practices. These include:
- Recommend and assist with the implementation of patches and best security practices – working hand-in-hand with System Administrators.
- Recommend and then implement process and structural changes, for example the creation of a red forest, changes to authentication methods, etc.
- Review current system administration processes, recommend and create more secure practices as appropriate.
- Review AD object permissions and follow up with internal stakeholders on privilege reduction.
- Supervise movement away from old protocols such as SMBv1
- Create a process to periodically reset krbtgt hash
- Discover bad practices, for example user accounts that are used as service accounts, password for the same account being shared among different users, a server that’s effectively used as a workstation, etc.
to apply email [email protected]