We are looking for highly skilled Technical Team Leads who are both comfortable with front and back end web programming and comfortable operating as a team lead over your engineering peers. This position will be responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of web applications, and working cross-functionally with product, UI/UX, and other teams get products and features up and running. The Tech Team Lead will run point on all things engineering within the stream and be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
What do we do?
Our company centralizes and simplifies all the metrics used by Shopify sellers, enabling them to save more time and make more money. We help e-commerce businesses accurately track and forecast all kinds of metrics, including changes in profits and operational metrics. Launched just nine months ago, we already have over 1,900 Clients, top-tier investors, and growing teams in Columbus, Austin, and Jerusalem.
- Act as a player-coach ensuring both the development features while making sure that engineering peers are mentored and working in sync with other team members
- Develop features and improvements to the Triple Whale products
- Maintain a nuanced understanding of the jobs that users are seeking to accomplish
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering (e.g. UX) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Constantly seek opportunities to unblock your team members and your future self through scalable automation.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Participate in team efforts to assist troubleshooting product operations, security operations, and urgent engineering issues.
- Participate in the Incident Management on-call rotation to help ensure the availability goals for GitLab.com are met, by working with reliability engineers and development team members.
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer/developer
- Professional experience with Nodejs for back-end
- Familiarity with serverless architecture
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with both NoSQL and SQL data stores
- Proficiency in working with modern versioning tools (e.g. Git, GitHub)
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- High level of proficiency working in a Unix Environment
- Experience working in a DevOps culture
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup
- Experience in early stage startup
- Experience working with a remote team
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
Send CV to [email protected]