Job Posting: Physical Education Teacher
Jerusalem American International School - JAIS
School Year 2023-4
JAIS teachers are dedicated to student success, attentive to the physical and emotional well-being of their students, passionate about student learning and excited by the prospect of working within a dynamic, diverse community.
Classroom practices emphasize active, collaborative learning; team-building activities; the application §of technology to authentic learning experiences; differentiated instruction and student achievement.
Established under the auspices of the American Embassy in 2001, the Jerusalem American International school is a branch of The Walworth Barbour American International School in Israel (WBAIS). It is a MSA accredited, fully independent, co-educational Pre-K - 8 international school offering an American program in an International setting.
JAIS is situated in a residential area of Jerusalem in the Goldstien youth village. We have renovated classrooms and a new yard as well as having access to communal facilities such as the swimming pool and gym.
JAIS is a small warm school where every student is included, valued and set up to thrive
Reports to: Head of School
Job Capacity: 60%
Start Date: August 10th 2023
The successful candidate will have:
● Implement the school's mission statement.
● Effectively celebrate diversity and model attributes of the JAIS Profile of a Learner.
● Model technology integration as appropriate to enhance instruction.
● Promote a positive relationship with others, sharing ideas, materials, experiences and expertise.
● Participate in faculty meetings, peer coaching and other instructional improvement programs.
● Demonstrate a commitment to professional development both during the school year and during off school months as needed.
● Support school-wide projects such as staff development, and community efforts and events.
Application Process: JAIS reserves the option to invite selected candidates to interviews, and to hire, in advance of this schedule and should a suitable candidate be found to hire and close the search.
Apply @: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Address: 24 Shai Agnon, Jerusalem
All applicants will need to have legal ability to work in Jerusalem or American Citizenship.
JAIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.