AACI CENTRAL REGION - TIYUL TO RAMLE
Join us to experience the rich and complex history of Ramle.
Highlights of our Tour
· The Karaite World Center and Synagogue.
· The Great Mosque of Jama El Amari, originally built as a Crusader church and later transformed into a mosque.
· Shuk Ramle - the colorful market with its tasty snacks and vibrant stalls.
· The old "main street" past Armenian and Greek Orthodox churches with a short visit to the Franciscan church of St Nicodemus, containing beautiful art and statues, also being a place where Napoleon spent the night.
· The grave of Nebi Salah and the famous White Tower, where we will discuss the legends of Ramle.
Guide: Dani Margolis.
We will meet at the Government Quarters – exact meeting point to be announced.
Date: Monday, 24 January 2022, at 10 a.m. sharp.
Tour will end approximately 4 p.m.
Price: (including all entrance fees) : Members: NIS 120. Non-members: NIS 135.
REGISTRATION & PREPAYMENT ESSENTIAL : AACI: [email protected] or 03-696 0389.
(Please leave a message if we don’t answer & we’ll return your call).
We will be walking from place to place to really experience the city. Distances between places are short.
- Lunch and water
- Green Pass
- Senior citizen card
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Rav Kav, in case we need a local bus at one point
In the event of rain, the tour will be postponed.
You can come to Ramle by train - exit at main gate (10 minute walk to meeting place).
Or by bus to Ramle’s central bus station (2 minute walk to meeting place)
*There is an option to meet Sharon at the Merkaz-Savidor train station in Tel Aviv and travel together.*