Hometalk, a Jerusalem-based business, recently acquired, is looking to hire a Head of Data.
Hometalk is the world’s largest DIY lifestyle community with 21 million members. Hometalk has four assets in Hometalk, Foodtalk, Upstyle and Simplify which are online destinations for inspiration, ideas, and step-by-step tutorials spanning the home and garden, food recipe, and DIY fashion and minimalist, budget friendly content spaces with over 175,000 DIY tutorials. Additionally, Hometalk has built a tech platform that currently houses a number of additional sites in the pets and auto content verticals and currently has a solid pipeline of additional sites spanning multiple topics to be migrated onto its platform.
As a Head of Data at Hometalk you will work with a team of data analysts as well as the various business and product teams to help drive growth and innovation across the organization by leveraging data analysis and proper hypothesis testing methodologies to provide actionable business insights and support a data driven culture.
- Work closely with business units and/or product teams to ensure decisions are being made in a data driven way as much as possible, including hands-on data analysis support
- Work closely with business units and/or product teams to design, implement and analyze hypothesis tests properly, including hands-on data analysis support
- Work with business units, product teams and developers to maintain the integrity of the data and tracking mechanisms, including hands-on data analysis support
- Work closely with business units and/or product team leaders to proactively pursue high potential impact lines of inquiry (i.e. research) to use data as a driver of innovation
- Design (and implement when working in Looker) new tracking specifications
- Manage a team of two remote data analysts to ensure proper work quality and methodology and timely turnaround of data requests
- Commitment to timely turnaround on assigned tasks
- High level of team participation
- Concern for the success of the efforts pursued
- Open to feedback - a desire to improve
- Self driven
- Interest in learning new skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Problem solver
- Commitment to the company’s values, guidelines and policies
Job Specific Requirements:
- 2-4 years of data analysis experience
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in proper A/B hypothesis testing methodology (conceptual setup, identification of appropriate metrics to test, analysis of results)
- Working knowledge of Looker (plus)
- Experience working with Snowflake (plus)
- Native Level English Speaker (plus)
Direct manager: COO
Full time position: Hybrid role (Mondays & Wednesdays from our Jerusalem office).
Send your CV to: [email protected]. Please use the subject line: Head of Data (Janglo)
Equal opportunity employer.