MEP/ Building Systems Designer - Work from home
A design and expediting firm with in-house Architects, Engineers, and expeditors that specialize in obtaining all approvals and permits for NYC construction projects. The company is seeking a
detailed-oriented, experienced, highly-motivated designer to join the architectural and engineering team.
MEP/ Building Systems Designer Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive and technical plans, based on client needs, for:
o HVAC Systems
o Plumbing Systems
o Fire Protection (Sprinkler, Standpipe and Fire Alarm/ Detection)
o DEP Filing Sets
- Site Connection Proposal
- Cross Connection Plans
o Filing Sets for:
- Builders Pavement Plans
- Curb Cuts
- Construction Fence
- Street Trees
- Tenant/ Occupant Protection
- Site Safety
- Review markups for accuracy.
- Communicate with management, customers and vendors, as appropriate.
- Contribute to team effort by supporting related results as needed.
- Collaborate with internal departments and share best practices.
- Provide quality control reviews (self and team members).
- Document regulatory compliance data and scope of work updates and changes.
- Attend weekly department meetings.
- Provide input and contribute to timeline deliverables.
- Serve as mentor to junior staff.
- Follow internal processes.
- Demonstrate core values and contribute to team success.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- AutoCAD proficiency.
- Progression towards or completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam.
- Ability to perform comprehensive code reviews and analysis
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A team player, with the ability to work in a collaborative environment managing tasks and
- production efficiently.
- Strong self-management, planning and organization skills to balance workload and priorities.
- Good judgment, strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate work needs, adapt and interact professionally with customers and vendors.
Preferred Qualifications / Skills:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- PE License.
- Revit proficiency.
- Knowledge of the following code references:
o NYC Building Code
o NYC Zoning Resolution
o NYC Fire, Mechanical, and Plumbing Codes
o NYS Housing Maintenance Code and Multiple Dwelling Law
o NYC Energy Conservation Code
o NYC DEP, DOT and DPR Requirements
- Construction or Consulting industry experience
Work from home, Full time at least half over US hours
Apply online https://www.outsourcingtoisrael.com/job-board/#!/49736e28-1fd8-4c56-abdb-f6c554304fd2/detail or email Ariella Abbo, [email protected]