Purpose of Position: Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Software Engineering, the Software Engineer 1 is responsible for supporting the implementation and maintenance of our products.
- Implement new features using code that emphasize clarity, robustness, and maintainability.
- Maintain and support existing features.
- Able to contribute to complex software projects and releases with limited manager support
- An emphasis on testing quality and coverage.
- Share regularly with others through pairing and code reviews.
- Support team planning efforts assessing technical feasibility of new product features.
- Mentors junior engineers
- Able to communicate effectively with different audiences and can work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
- Rotating on-call duties with other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of front-end development with Bootstrap and JQuery
- Knowledge of back-end development with NodeJS and Python
- A test-centric approach to development to build and deploy with confidence.
- Comfortable at the command line, and with advanced git features.
- Has shipped software that required multiple teams and collaboration to achieve success.
- Acted as a mentor or team lead to more junior engineers.
- Have participated in an organization using an Agile-based approach to software delivery
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 2+ year of recent production experience developing NodeJS.
- Experience with frameworks and libraries such as Bootstrap and jQuery