Internationally acclaimed Israel advocacy organization seeks dedicated fundraiser
1) Fundraising Experience
- Has significant fundraising experience successfully soliciting people both in volume of donors and high donor value.
- Has experience writing proposals for foundations, dealing with foundations and successfully getting money from foundations.
- Understands the value in networking while not being too invasive of personal space.
- Can develop a fundraising plan that addresses:
- o Assistance in the development of a strategic Fundraising approach
- Targeting specific demographics (mainly USA based)
- Penetrating new markets (geographically)
2) Personal characteristics:
- Appreciates the Organization’s mission and understands its issues. Has big goals and is dedicated to learning as much as needed to do a great job.
- Cares and empathizes with all kinds of different people and personalities. Has tremendous perseverance-won't be deterred by hearing the word "no".
- Effective communicator who is able to relate to people well and explain what the Organization does to prospects/donors.
- Works well within the team. Appreciates learning from and working with the CEO and/or the senior fundraiser understanding best practices and wider organizational goals
- Can stay focused and set clear priorities for working through lists and other fundraising projects.
- Keeps up to date with the latest trends in Not-for-Profit (fundraising) development. Actively reads literature and seeks counsel to improve fundraising techniques.
- Is prepared to work evenings and weekends (not Shabbat) if necessary
- Must be a Native English speaker
- Must have an understanding of the Anglo culture (preferably via living there at some point)
- Must be legally able to work in Israel
- Must have a College Degree
- Must have experience working in a business environment
- Must be open to working flexibly between US & Israel hours
- Must be open to occasional travel (1 every few months), including potential weekends
To apply: send CV/ Resume to [email protected]