Young Judaea is America’s oldest Zionist Youth Organisation, providing quality Jewish and Zionist experiences to young Jews through our network of camps, local leadership initiatives, and short and long term programs in Israel. We are looking for an energetic, organised, and passionate individual who loves working with people to fill a full-time Enrollment Associate position.
In this role you will be engaging by phone and email with the families of applicants and potential applicants for our Young Judaea’s Israel programs, including Gesher (short-term teen summer trip), Year Course (gap year), and Amirim (short-term college summer internship.) This could be anything from responding to initial inquiries, persuading a sceptical parent of the value of the Israel experience, assisting with enrolment and registration forms and paperwork, or working with applicants to make sure their application is ready and they are all set for the experience of a lifetime!
Job Title: Enrollment Associate
Department: Office of Enrollment
Direct Supervisor: Director of Enrollment
Hours: 40 hours/week in the afternoons and evenings.
Pay: 45 shekel / hour
Location: Hybrid – part-time in office in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, part-time remote (exact dates/hours TBD)
- Fluent English – Spoken & Written (Advantage: Native US speaker)
- Friendly, polite, professional, & persuasive phone manner.
- Outgoing and helpful personality.
- Able to work well in a team and under time pressure.
- Basic proficiency with common computer software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Sheets. (Advantage: Advanced user of one or more of these.)
- Ability to quickly learn new software packages such as CRM and application management systems.
- Advantage: Prior customer service experience
- Advantage: Prior experience with other Israel programs or US based Jewish camps and organisations.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Reaching out to and engaging with potential applicants to Young Judaea programs and their families. This can include explaining our programs, persuading them to register, and/or helping troubleshoot any barriers to participation.
- Respond appropriately to incoming requests for information and assistance.
- Develop relationships with applicant families and guide them smoothly through the application process (this can involve handling sensitive medical, financial, or other personal information).
- Assisting with preparing reports keeping other departments informed of registration numbers, revenue, and upcoming participant needs as necessary.
- Assisting with growing the departments marketing efforts
If interested, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]. Relevant applicants will be contacted for an interview in October.