Back End Team Lead
Company is looking to hire an experienced, self-driven Backend Team Lead for their highly successful platform connecting millions of homeowners with thousands of contractors across the United States.
We are located in Jerusalem near a train station and work hybrid, twice a week from the office.
In this position you will manage our team of developers in an ongoing challenge to be a leading marketplace platform connecting millions of homeowners with thousands of reliable home improvement contractors throughout the U.S.
In this position you will:
- Develop and lead core services that are used by millions of users of our apps every day. This includes complex algorithms and machine learning models.
- Design, build and maintain cloud infrastructure that will provide a scalable platform for our growing business.
- Develop modules and tools to ease the development and deployment processes for other backend teams at the company.
- Leading the team and providing technical support from planning phase to production
- Writing clean, maintainable and testable code, and inspiring others to do the same.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- 5+ years of experience as a Back End Developer.
- 2+ years of PHP experience.
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team.
- other strongly-typed language (Java, Python etc)- A plus.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with relational DB engines (SQL,MYSQL etc)- a must
- Smart, independent, accountable and a team player.
- English at mother-tongue level.
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, KV stores (Redis, DynamoDB), AWS/GCP is a plus.
- Experience with Node and React - a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of OOP concepts and best practices.
Please send CVs to [email protected]