The Hadassah Offices in Israel (HOI) serve as the liaison office for Hadassah, The Women’s Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA) in Israel, representing HWZOA in Israel and providing oversight, coordination and fundraising support for Hadassah-owned entities in Israel, including Hadassah Medical Organization, Meir Shfeya Youth Village and Hadassah Neurim Youth Village. In addition, HOI is responsible for oversight of issues related to lands and properties owned by HWZOA in Israel and ensures the ongoing integrity of all such properties.
The Development and Communications Associate will play a key role in the development and communication efforts of the Hadassah Offices in Israel (HOI). The position will be responsible for liaising on behalf of Hadassah with its youth villages, Hadassah-Neurim and Meir Shfeya, overseeing, coordinating, planning, and implementing visits and communication and marketing vis-a-vis the youth villages. Additionally, the position will engage in gathering and crafting materials for proposals and reports to donors both to the youth villages and to Hadasah Medical Organization.
The position is based in HOI’s Jerusalem office, and requires travel to the youth villages in Beit Yanai and in the Zichron Yaakov area. In addition, the Development/Communications Associate will be responsible for writing fundraising proposals and reports for Hadassah Medical Organization in Jerusalem, as instructed from time to time by his/her supervisor.
• Serve as a primary point of contact and liaison for Hadassah with its youth villages, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
• Coordinate and plan visits to the youth villages, including logistics and scheduling, in conjunction with HOI's Development, Donors and Events Department and with contacts at the villages.
• Collaborate with partners at HOI, HWZOA and the youth villages to identify funding opportunities to be offered to Hadassah's frontline fundraisers.
• Write proposals for support of projects and infrastructure at the youth villages and at Hadassah Medical Organization based on information gathered from key stakeholders at the villages and in coordination with colleagues at HOI and HWZOA.
• Gather data, information and stories in order to write reports for donors and foundations and to support marketing and education efforts.
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of Hadassah's efforts on the youth villages and make recommendations for improvements.
• Oversee communication and marketing efforts for Hadassah with the youth villages, including social media, visuals and videos as well as press releases, in coordination with public relations/marketing staff at HOI and HWZOA.
• Develop and implement strategies to increase the organization's visibility and impact within the youth village and its constituents.
• Provide regular updates to the Executive Director and CFO/COO on progress and outcomes related to the youth villages
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as communication, marketing, or nonprofit management.
• At least four years of experience in nonprofit development or communication roles, preferably with a focus on youth programs.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in Hebrew and English, with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in writing for fundraising purposes and ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Experience with social media platforms, website content management systems, project management, and graphic design software is preferred.
• Passion for and commitment to the organization's mission and values.
Reporting: This position reports to the Deputy Executive Director for Development on all matters related to development with dotted line reporting to the COO/CFO on youth Aliyah matters.
Candidates with the right qualifications are welcome to submit their CVs to [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your applications.
Hadassah Offices in Israel