Lyve Labs Israel is a Seagate innovation center located in the vibrant startup area in the heart of Tel Aviv. This group is focusing on innovation - new storage technologies and tackling the mass amount of data challenges by developing software platform solutions designed for cloud storage products and focused on scalability, and extensibility.
About the role - you will:
- Take complete ownership of the design and development and deal with issues including large scale data organization, algorithm scalability, asynchronous communication, efficient concurrency, reliability, and fault tolerance
- Work with the internal Seagate team, product management, customers, and the object store industry to develop a resilient, high performing storage platform
- Be responsible for coordinating feature development to the specifications and schedule
- Control the Design and development of new features/enhancements/fixes to the source code.
- Communicate with team and managers to develop optimal solutions and report progress
- Collaborate with other development teams to ensure full integration of all parts of the system
- Research and evaluate alternative approaches to assist in developing solutions
- Share best practices with partners and peer groups
Your experience includes:
- Software engineering experience.
- Understanding of and experience with industry software development processes and practices
- Require system development experience and knowledge of Object Storage and/or S3 Server/Application Architecture and design
- Require knowledge of Go language
- Knowledge of third-party software suites such as Kubernetes or Spark
- Experience with open-source solutions
- Agile development of code and all the processes dictated by Agile
- Software development environment such as JIRA, Github, OpenSource, Codecity
- Programming in Go language
- Development of Software-Defined Storage systems, large capacity storage, use of data transfer protocols (NFS, S3, CIFS), caching technologies, distributed transactions
- Coordinating work with global teams of varied skill across time-zones
If you are interested in this role, you can apply directly at Seagate's career site: