Director of Resource Development
Direct Supervisor: CEO
Location: Central Jerusalem
Hours: Full time. Occasional evening or weekend events. Travel may be required.
The Jerusalem International YMCA’s (JIY) mission is to foster and develop mutual respect and peaceful interaction between all Jerusalem communities. Consistent with the universal values of the YMCA, the JIY works through concrete, effective and value-based activities to help develop the spirit, mind and body. We aspire to serve as a model to the city and region.
The JIY seeks a passionate Director of Development to strategize and lead all fundraising initiatives through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects. The Director of Development will design and implement the strategies necessary to increase JIY’s annual fundraising by leveraging current relationships and developing new ones.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement strategic fundraising plan to meet organization’s financial needs.
- Create annual work plan including goals, timeline, prospects, budget breakdowns and tasks.
- Prepare and present regular reports on progress towards fundraising goals.
- Research and identify potential donors and opportunities, implement strategies to foster positive relationships and support CEO in cultivating new partnerships.
- Network with foundation representatives and maintain regular contact with existing donors.
- Track donations in CRM system, ensure that donor information is efficiently maintained, and document prospect cultivation activity.
- Coordinate the management of relationships FJIY and YUSA with CEO.
- Coordinate major donor events, VIP tours and fundraising trips abroad.
- Generate donor communications, including monthly newsletters, quarterly personal outreach, and annual report.
- Develop, implement, and manage mid-year and end-of-year crowdsourcing campaigns.
- Assist in creation of print, digital and social media content.
- Provide consultation to senior management on how to raise public awareness of the JIY’s non-profit and social impact activities.
- Manage grants in accordance with annual work plan, including identifying potential grants, writing LOIs and applications, and assisting program team in identifying fundable programs.
- Manage grant compliance: Ensure that reporting systems are complete, efficient, accurate and monitored for quality control in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated and extremely passionate about the JIY mission and vision
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to Jerusalem’s diverse communities
- 3+ years of experience in resource development
- Proven experience of grant writing and meeting fundraising goals
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) and Social Media, with the ability to learn new platforms quickly. Experience with Salesforce, Constant Contact and Canva are an advantage.
- Fluency in English and high-level Hebrew – proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in submitting federal U.S. and EU grants is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
Please send CV and cover letter explaining your interest in this position to [email protected]. Relevant applicants will be invited to an interview and be expected to complete a writing assignment. Professional and personal references will be required of successful applicants.