We are looking for a full-time real estate bookkeeper to join our expanding team(experience in Rehab type properties a plus)! You’ll be responsible for keeping our financial records organized, including tracking accounts payable and receivable, and ensuring that each account is reconciled correctly. This is an opportunity to bring order to our growing real estate office and see tangible results from your work on a daily basis! Our ideal candidate takes pride in their detailed bookkeeping work and contributing to the greater success of the team. If this sounds like a job you’d love, start your application today!
Real Estate Accountant Responsibilities
- Create detailed journal entries and post them to the general ledger (GL) to track all income statements and expenses
- Handle all accounts payable and receivable on a daily basis to make sure each invoice and expense report is accurate
- Reconcile all business accounts to ensure our records match up and no transaction gets lost
- Enter financial data into computer software, making sure all bills and invoices are filed correctly
- Facilitate all incoming payments and outgoing checks, including printing, obtaining signatures for, and distributing checks as necessary
- Follow up with vendors for accounts payable and keep in touch as needed for collections and ensure bills are paid on time
- Prepare for quarterly reporting using standard best practices and assist in monthly closings
- Assist the real estate team or other staff accountants with other accounting duties as needed
Please send resume to be considered for the position!