The NOC and Monitoring team, managing the entire IT environment from the infrastructure to the application and service levels. We are the IT department’s main information center. If anything goes wrong, or when patches and backups are released, with new deployments or with load-testing, we are there and we’ll be monitoring activity.
The team functions as Tier 1.5 support, meaning we also work to fix issues before escalating and documenting them. Our main goal is to be proactive, to always think "outside the box", to implement creative solutions, and to reduce system and service down time by detecting the problem quicker, solving it faster, and thinking how we can prevent recurrence.
A passionate NOC Engineer with a deep knowledge of and passion for IT. You’re extremely organized, able to solve problems easily, and are able to work under pressure. You enjoy being hands-on and constantly look for new ideas and solutions.
You’re a self-learner, proactively learning new technology, and you never stop learning. You think outside the box, you don’t just work according to protocols and procedures. You’re highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced high performance environment and you enjoy the challenge this presents. You have good time-management skills and can juggle multiple projects at once.
You value flexibility so you can prioritize your personal life without giving up on the technical challenge that drives you to love your career. You’re self-disciplined enough to work remotely and can succeed on your own.
· Operate the monitoring systems, ensuring stability of the various environments.
· Manage event life cycles: track each event from start to finish, notify relevant people as required, and update related incidents accordingly.
· Perform Tier 1.5 operations when needed to try and resolve incidents as soon as possible.
· Assist in developing monitoring-event knowledge-management by documenting useful information about events and incidents you encounter.
· Assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
· Minimum 2 years experience working in a NOC.
· Basic knowledge of SQL, networking, and Linux & Windows servers.
· Ability to work 8-hour shifts, 5 days a week (7:30-15:30, 15:30-23:30, 23:30-7:30) as well as one week a month working 23:30-7:30.
· Strong English (reading, writing, speaking) with great communication skills.
It’s a bonus if you have:
· Basic knowledge of monitoring systems (especially NewRelic, DataDog, PagerDuty, and Solarwinds).
· Experience with ticketing systems and ELK.
· Experience in SOC.
*This role is based in Israel - from home or from the Jerusalem office.
Please send CV to [email protected]