Internationally acclaimed Israel advocacy organization seeks dedicated fundraiser
1) Burning desire to raise money for the Organization
- Appreciates the Organization’s mission and understands its issues. Is dedicated to learning as much as needed to do a great job as a fundraiser.
- Has big goals for him/herself and for the Organization.
- Has the courage and belief in the organization to speak to people and ask for money.
- Is willing to use his/her time to raise money, from small to large donors,
- Is prepared to work evenings and weekends (not Shabbat) if necessary.
2) Personal characteristics:
- Cares and empathizes with all kinds of different people and personalities.
- Has tremendous perseverance-won't be deterred by hearing the word "no" from prospects/donors.
- Can stay focused and set clear priorities for working through lists and other fundraising projects.
- Is dedicated to learning from and working with the CEO and/or the senior fundraiser as to how to utilize best practices in fundraising and become a great fundraiser.
- Is dedicated to reading literature on how to become a great fundraiser as well as energetically pursuing professional training from outside experts provided by the organization.
- Writes well and knows how to be upbeat and friendly in communications with donors.
- Effective communicator who is able to relate to people well and explain what the Organization does to prospects/donors.
- Is both self-motivated and a team player, willing and able to work with others in a friendly and professional manner. Recognizes that management is anticipating communications even if not specifically requested from time to time.
- Keeps up to date with the latest trends in Not-for-Profit (fundraising) development.
3) Fundraising Experience
- Has significant fundraising experience successfully soliciting people both in volume of donors and high donor value.
- Has experience writing proposals for foundations, dealing with foundations and successfully getting money from foundations.
- Understands the value in networking while not being too invasive of personal space.
4) Administrative skills
- Can develop a fundraising plan that addresses:
- Targeting specific demographics (mainly USA based)
- Penetrating new markets (geographically)
- Can actively assist in the development of a strategic Fundraising approach
- Understands role within team structure and will assist with wider organizational activities as directed by the CEO or other Senior Managers.
- Must be a Native English speaker
- Must have an understanding of the Anglo culture (preferably via living there at some point)
- Must be legally able to work in Israel
- Must have a College Degree
- Must have experience working in a business environment
- Must be open to working flexibly between US & Israel hours
- Must be open to occasional travel (1 every few months), including potential weekends
- Preferred – candidate with Fundraising certificate
To apply: send CV/ Resume to [email protected]