- Serve the role as Inspiring Coach using knowledge, expertise and situational fluency to provide exceptional levels of support to internal team members and service to customers.
- Stable and poised under pressure. Adapts to change. Motivated by challenges.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision, ability to multi-task.
- HTML, CSS, JS & Front End Development
- Front End Software development in Magento 2, specifically Magento Commerce/Magento Commerce Cloud, in accordance with Magento Best Practice and quality standards.
- Check in, merge, and manage code that you develop in /Bitbucket version control system, and keep team consistently updated on progress via Jira and other project management tools.
- Unit testing and demonstrating working solutions for software you develop; remediation of defects found during testing.
- Assisting in deployments to pre-production and production environments.
- Identify and communicate technical dependencies and risks. In collaboration with colleagues on the project, work diligently to reduce technical risks.
- Creative Direction, Design & Consulting, Theme Customizations
- Strong initiative; Great communication skills; Good creative eye
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop / other image editing software
- Converting PSDs, INDD and AI designs to beautiful landing pages, product pages, etc.
- Experience with Magento marketplace themes, and ability to consult with and direct client creative decisions.
- Work with Pixafy team to ideate and innovate front end component of existing core company solution/strategy.
- Lead strategic planning on development initiatives for customer-focused/revenue generating enhancements, including defining infrastructure/functional requirements, estimating efforts, and collaboration with back end engineers to support front end requirements.
What we'd like to see
- 3+ years experience developing client solutions on Magento 2, demonstrating fundamental understanding of Magento Best Practices, quality standards, UI and available functionality, working in a client services environment, and building sites from start to finish.
- Understanding of Magento theme development including layout XML, knockout templates, Page Builder, RequireJS. Knowledge of JQuery and JS toolkits like Prototype, Scriptalicious and others.
- Proven experience in creating performant and robust solutions that work across browsers (Chrome, Edge, FireFox, Safari, etc…) and devices (web, mobile, tablet).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-orientation skills. Experience interfacing directly with clients.
- Proven experience in collaborating with other developers, technical architects, project managers, UX designers, business analysts, and QA analysts.
- Familiarity with Agile/iterative development methodology and ability to acclimate to quickly changing project requirements
- Experience working on ecommerce sites for clients with yearly revenues above $1M.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills in complex environments.
- Experience with estimating levels of effort on development initiatives, consistently staying within budget on those tasks, and providing proactive notification to the team when risks/threats to that arise.
- Consistent and detailed tracking worklogs on internal/customer projects and meeting production targets on a weekly basis.
- Ability to collaborate on technical architecture and technical solution definitions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) or equivalent work experience
The right candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter. Our company strategy to date has been all about the back end and integrations; now is the time to expand the offering on the front end. This person will participate in driving that.