United Hatzalah is the largest independent, non-profit, fully-volunteer emergency medical services organization that provides first response care in Israel within minutes of the initial call of distress.
We are currently seeking an Accounting and Compliance Specialist. This full-time position based in our Jerusalem headquarters will be responsible for the daily administration of the Canadian and other international branches’ banking and financial activity within Israel, including accounts payable, procurement and vendor sourcing, internal control, compliance, and financial reporting.
The Accounting and Compliance Specialist will exercise a high level of accountability and will partner with global functional teams to ensure adherence to governmental rules and regulations, internal policies and procedures and industry standards, and maintaining financial records in an effective, accurate and timely manner. The position works collaboratively with staff across the international organization, and reports to the Director of Finance.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee and maintain financial activity within Israel for Canada and other international branches, including detailed data entry to ensure clear documentation of all transactions
- Actively partner with Israeli finance department on programmatic needs for United Hatzalah programs managed by international branches including Canada
- Manage international banking operations in Israel by accounting for all transactions and
conducting relevant account reconciliations
- Monitor transactions and procurements for proper due diligence and ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies
- Review all invoices and payments for appropriate documentation and approvals
- Maintain organized filing and recordkeeping systems for all financial transactions
- Support Canada Director and other senior members of management to compile, analyze and report financial data
- Support external audits and information requests
- Other finance/accounting duties as required
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or comparable, with minimum 3 years’ related experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications, with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve common objectives
- Experience within a Canadian and/or US non-profit environment preferred
- Bilingual/fully fluent in Hebrew and English is required
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter via email to
[email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words “Accounting and