Job Opening: Student and Teaching Coordinator (full-time)
The Student and Teaching Coordinator provides service to the students, staff, and faculty of the Division of Graduate Studies. This includes:
- Overseeing online course registration, exams, grade reporting, transcripts, degree-closing, and teaching surveys.
- Assisting faculty members with grade reporting, Moodle access, and other academic matters.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Division’s annual course catalog and classroom scheduling.
- Assisting with the planning and logistics of Division ceremonies and events.
- Ordering office supplies for the Division.
- Holding reception hours and answering inquiries by phone and email.
- Additional tasks at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Academic degree.
- Prior administrative work experience.
- Prior work experience in the student/teaching field- advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet.
- Prior work experience with computerized systems/databases.
- Proficiency (written and spoken) in both English and Hebrew. English as a native language- advantage.
- Willingness to sometimes work at unconventional hours and on Fridays.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, service-minded, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Position is for employment under the Hebrew University’s “temporary worker” status, at the levels of 36-38 according to מח"ר.
- Candidates with a mechanical or engineering diploma may apply even though they don’t have an academic degree.
- The interview will be held partly in English.
- Candidates will be required to a complete an English proficiency exam.
- Candidates who completed their academic degree abroad will be required to attach a certificate of accreditation by the Israeli Education Ministry.
- As part of the Hebrew University’ initiative to employ disabled individuals, such candidates will be given priority, assuming that they are unanimously endorsed by the members of the interviewing committee.
- The Hebrew University works to increase the equal employment and representation of all sectors of Israeli society, including Arabs, Charedim and Ethiopian immigrants.
- · Individuals may submit their candidacy until 06/01/2021.
CVs should be sent through this website: https://jobs.hunterhrms.com/huji.ac.il and to [email protected].
Job reference number JB-3688