JNS - Social Media Associate
JNS is quickly becoming one of the most popular online American / Israel news sites. Alongside The Times of Israel and the Jerusalem Post, JNS is cornering the market in engaging in “Narrative Warfare” for the soul of the State of Israel, the Jewish people, the Middle East and the world, in order to preserve and strengthen Jewish and Democratic values, and project Israel as the beacon of these values.
The Social Media Associate is an associate level, remote, position. The candidate should have at least one years experience working on social media platforms in a commercial environment.
The social media associate will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
Social Media Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and execute a results-driven social media strategy
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
- Collaborate with the marketing and content teams to create a social media calendar
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Proactive - a must
- News savvy
- Self motivated with a creative flare
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, Canva, digital media formats, and HTML an advantage
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in a relevant field an advantage
- 1-2 years experience with B2C social media marketing
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprinklr) an advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience digital media editing tools a plus