Elementary Inclusion Assistant

Jobs

Elementary Inclusion Assistant
Full Time

THE ANGLICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL JERUSAELM

Elementary Inclusion Assistant

Apply by: Friday 30th April, 2021

Job Start Date: Mid-August 2021

Location: Jerusalem

Contract type: Full Time

Contract term: Fixed Term

The Anglican International School, Jerusalem (AISJ) is seeking to appoint an Inclusion Support Assistant to join our Elementary Inclusion team from August 2021. AISJ is a well-established and progressive International school in the heart of Jerusalem, catering for students aged 2 to 18 from the International and local communities. The post will suit a candidate with previous experience of support in education to work in and out of the classroom with small groups of students and individual learning support and EAL.

AISJ is accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA) and is a member of COBIS, in addition the Elementary school and Pre-school also have BSO accreditation. AISJ is an IB World School delivering the IB Middle Years Program and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Approximately 75% of our student body comes from an international background, with the remaining 25% comprising local Jewish, Muslim and Christian students. AISJ is where the world goes to school.

The successful applicants will be expected to meet the following essential criteria:

  1. Will work with English Language Learners, children from Different Curriculum Usage and special needs students.
  1. Will be expected to plan activities that will adapt class teacher's lessons.
  2. An ability to teach across multiple Elementary grade levels.
  3. Excellent command of the English language.
  4. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, and parents in a multicultural and frequently demanding environment, with sensitivity to local cultural needs.
  5. To work towards students' individual needs and learning targets.
  6. Will enter personalised learning dialogues with students; scaffold their learning in order for them to achieve their personal best.
  7. Will support the ethos of a Christian International (multi-faith/multi-cultural) school.
  8. Will attend meetings as required by the Elementary Inclusion Coordinator.
  9. Will liaise with all teachers required.
  10. Will be expected to carry out daily yard duties in Elementary and Pre School.
  11. Will be expected to teach Monday-Thursday 7:45-14:45 and Friday 7:45-13:00.

For a detailed job description and full details of the post, please visit the school website, www.aisj.co.il

All applicants for the post should submit a completed AISJ job application form (which can be found on the school website), no later than Friday 30th April 2021.

AISJ does NOT supply a work visa with this position.


Share:

More Jobs