Campaign Planning Associate for Shalom Hartman Institute – Temporary Position – UPDATED (January 20, 2021)
(50% position for up to five months (February-June 2021).
The Shalom Hartman Institute is moving to advanced planning for a major campaign to secure critically needed financial resources to ensure its vibrant future. The campaign will seek to secure major philanthropic resources to both renovate its premier campus in Jerusalem and to establish a significant endowment/reserve fund to enhance the impact of its activity in Israel and North America. The Institute is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills and an ability to manage multiple project activities simultaneously.
The candidate will provide extensive project management assistance as part of the lead team that will lay out the essential planning and fundraising strategy for the campaign.
- Assist with planning and execution of all aspects of campaign design and related activity
- Manage all administrative aspects of campaign activity
- Work with Mar-Com and Development teams to create and produce marketing collateral and videos for the campaign
- Develop plans for individual solicitation strategies
- Develop tailor-made proposals and presentations for donor prospect meetings
- Create a menu of campaign giving and recognition opportunities across the Institute
- Track donor engagement activity and follow-up
- Conduct donor and prospect research
- Prepare agendas and materials for campaign related planning meetings
- Draft correspondence, gift acknowledgement, meeting summaries and campaign planning materials
- Liaise with development officers and other senior staff on campaign related matters
- Maintain all campaign activity and communications in CRM and related systems
- Manage budget for campaign activity
- Experience working in Resource Development for non-profits in Israel and North America. Preference for experience with Capital Campaigns (in North America or Israel)
- Ability to function independently and collaborate effectively in a cross-cultural environment with staff, trustees and funders
- Excellent English writing skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) and proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM
- Event planning and budget management experience
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening zoom/conference calls.
- Fluency in English - Strong spoken Hebrew
- Sensitivity to working in cross-cultural environments
Position will be supervised by Senior VP for Institutional Advancement