Job Description – Program and Events Coordinator
Part Time Position – 20 hours per week – 3/4 days a week in the office
The Base is currently looking to fill the position of Program and Events Coordinator. The position
comes with the assistance of a bat sheirut/administrative assistant, the logistics manager as well
as working with the social media coordinator. The Program and Events Coordinator reports
directly to the Co-Director.
1. The coordinating and implementing Friday Night and Shabbat Day meals -
responsibilities include creating a Friday night/Shabbat day meal calendar. Ensuring that
the menu is filling up and being able to “fill in the gaps when needed”. Arranging for
meal pick up as well as creating a staff/volunteer calendar.
2. Coordinate cooking volunteers - The Base welcomes volunteers to the office to cook
lunch or bake during the week for our lone soldiers and lone b’not sheirut.
Responsibilities include creating a volunteer calendar, ensuring that the proper groceries
and supplies are in the office
3. Major events – Thanksgiving and Yom HaZikaron, Yom Ha’atzmaut, etc. Creating a
calendar of Major Events, arranging for venue, decorations, food, content to run a
successful event including properly preparing for the event and all its details as well as
set-up, clean-up and coordination with staff and volunteers and b’not sheirut.
4. Social Events catered to the lone b’not sheirut community (work with the lone bat
sheirut advisor) same as #3 Weekly
5. Social Events catered to the Lone Soldiers community (work with the lone soldier
6. Social Events catered to the Post Service community (work with the post service
7. Creating sign up forms for all events
8. Advertising events on the WhatsApp groups and emails. (Done weekly)
9. Social Events as a Yom Kef for the staff of The Base
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume to:
[email protected] only those considered for the position will be contacted.