Joseph Jeremiah Cox
503-922-1700 - [email protected] - www.josephcox.com - https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephjcox/
A seasoned and versatile analyst and writer who possesses 20+ years of international experience modelling and documenting solutions to complex financial problems for clients across a wide range of industries.
Portland State University M.S. in Financial Analysis GPA: 3.94/4.00
University of Pennsylvania B.A. in Intellectual History GPA: 3.67/4.00
WheelTug Financial Analyst, Quality Manager 05/2012 – Present
- Developed and maintained financial model to support senior management decision-making.
- Created and implemented aerospace design and manufacturing quality system, including documentation.
- Co-inventor on 43 aerospace patents.
Nike Senior Business Analyst 05/2011 – 05/2012
- Developed margin optimization systems to support financial decision-making across divisions.
- Developed method of integrating inconsistent types of business data to support product planning processes.
IBM, LBPS Inc. Financial & Operations Analyst 05/2009 – 07/2011
- Designed and built ‘whole-business’ loan-servicing model including loan delinquency forecasting, activity-based staffing, detailed operational metrics, loss mitigation pipeline throughput forecasting and loan default forecasting.
- Served on a 4-person strategic planning team that monitored company operations, developed/supported management initiatives, modelled future requirements, and interfaced both with IBM management and the client.
Mercedes Benz Financial Services Financial Systems Analyst 05/2007 – 02/2008
- Uncovered and repaired numerous financial errors well ahead of planned project schedule.
- Model template was adapted to control financial systems in other geographic areas.
- Designed a new Commissions Module, providing the business with unparalleled commissions agility.
Stream Solutions Process Analyst, Client Liaison 12/2006 – 05/2007
- Repaired damaged relationship with largest client, which provided revenues of over $60M/year.
- Cut 10 days from the billing and payment cycle in two months.
- Developed measurement of savings model to strengthen value proposition for clients.
Intel Corp., EMT Group Business Analyst 02/2004 – 02/2005
- Defined the Event Management Tool system for the management of face-to-face events with up to 5000 attendees.
- Defined and documented almost 200 unique, but interrelated, interactive pages.
- Designed and executed user acceptance tests (UAT) and other test cases, including regression tests.
- Software was audited by two third-party agencies; rated as the industry’s best in-house event management system.
English Churches Housing Group Process Analyst 06/2002 – 12/2002
Developed, documented, and trained staff on a new purchasing process to supply 10,000 special needs housing units in 168 local areas through the United Kingdom. Significantly cut purchasing costs.
Sabrix, Inc. Financial System Designer 11/2000 – 06/2002
- Created a unique tax jurisdiction methodology and ‘language’ that eliminated much of the complexity faced by traditional transaction tax solutions.
- HP, Yahoo, Daimler, Amazon, Cisco, IBM, DuPont, GM, Comcast and Best Buy were Sabrix clients.
PinPoint Corp. Product Manager, Documentation Specialist, Business Analyst 11/1998 – 08/2000
- Produced and maintained software and print versions of over 1000 pages of technical documentation including API documentation, functional specifications, user manuals, hardware manuals and marketing materials.
- Produced requirements, user interface designs and system design specifications for PinPoint’s software suite.
- Managed the development and fielding of a small-scale demonstrator system for potential clients.
some positions removed for brevity