CARL J. BALINER
972-53-307-1833 | [email protected]
Experience in Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Financial Due Diligence, Business Administration, and Financial / Operational Systems.
Project Manager & Business Analyst on Business Intelligence, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Data Warehouse + Data Mart, and Continuous Improvement Projects.
Significant work within the Financial Services and Technology industries along with comprehensive work in the Energy (Oil & Gas), Manufacturing, and Healthcare sectors.
5+ years’ experience in Big 4 Accounting with Ernst & Young and Management Consulting experience with Deloitte, plus techno-functional experience with IBM Global Business Services.
Accounting, Finance and Process Expertise
- Accounting – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Chart of Accounts
- Financial Planning - Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Analysis, Finance Optimization
- External & Management Reporting, Financial Due Diligence
- Activity Based Costing / Cost Accounting – Cost Management
- Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt, Lean – DMAIC, Change Management
- IT SDLC (Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM), Portfolio, Program and Project Management
- Strategic Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions, Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Hyperion, Cognos, Tableau, Salesforce, TOAD Data Point, Microsoft Visual Studio, Ultra Edit
- Languages: SQL, Visual Basic
- Oracle E-Business Suite (Financials, CRM, SCM, Project)
- SAP FI, CO, PS, MM, SD, BW, SCM, Hana
- MS Project, MS Project Server, Primavera P6, Clarity PPM, Jira, OpenProject
- MS Office, SharePoint, Visio; SAS ABM, QlikView
Current Work Experience
- PRICEMDS – Finance and Information Systems Specialist, 2021 to Current
- OPTUM (UNITEDHEALTH GROUP) – Manager, Accounting, 2018 to 2021
- MARINE CORPS COMMUNITY SERVICES - Manager, Finance & Technology Continuous Improvement (Civilian), 2017 to 2018
- INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT - Project Manager, 2012 to 2017
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA - Project Manager / Business Analyst, 2011 to 2012
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES - Manager, Finance Project Management Office, 2009 to 2010
- IBM GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES – Managing Consultant, 2006 to 2009
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY – Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
- SLOAN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, MIT – Certificate, Information Systems Management