Reconstruction US is seeking a Backend Developer (Node.js) to help redefine education for young leaders.
Who We Are:
Reconstruction is a startup looking to change the way the world thinks about curriculum and community. We are focused on delivering a K-12 supplemental curriculum that situates Black people, Black culture, and Black contributions to American and world history in an authentic, identity-affirming way so that students of all backgrounds benefit from a more complete understanding of our shared history and society. Our growing company is seeking to hire a Backend Developer who will redefine education for young leaders.
As a start-up company, we are looking for team members who:
- Love Black people
- Understand, appreciate, and can reflect our mission in their actions and experience
- Know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle whatever comes their way
- Are problem solvers and results-driven thinkers
- Have a collaborative and creative orientation, but know how to get things done
- Can flow in an ever-changing environment with grace and humor
- Are as concerned about the minute details as we are, but can still see the big picture
- Most importantly, possess incredible interpersonal skills to effectively connect, inspire, and help build a cohesive team, and are great team players who others want on their team
Who You Are:
You are someone who can think creatively about software, seeing possibilities for the venture and its users alike. As a mission-driven company, it’s important that you are able to think holistically about what we’re doing, and bring that into your engineering approach. You have a core understanding of software architecture to align technical decisions with business objectives.
What You’ll Do:
You will join a fast-growing team, working closely with software engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent English is a must
- Deep understanding of how to create scalable systems
- Deep understanding of the functional paradigm
- GIT proficiency
- NoSQL and SQL proficiency
- Nest.js and Next.js
- Experience with AWS and GraphQL is a plus
- Nice to have: experience with Hasura and Next.js, experience working in the startup environment
- Been actively involved in setting infrastructure roadmaps and collaborating with product teams.
- The ability to make culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
What We Offer:
- Fully remote workforce
- Ability to innovate from within
- Authenticity-unapologetically for us/by us while being true to the culture
- Generous PTO
- Starting compensation for the role is $110k annually
Checkout our site (reconstruction.us) for a better understanding of what we’re currently doing. You will be an early member of a world-class product team with an exciting roadmap